avro-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Serkan Taş (JIRA) <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Created] (AVRO-1493) Avoid the "Turkish Locale Problem"
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2014 03:51:14 GMT
Serkan Taş created AVRO-1493:
--------------------------------

             Summary: Avoid the "Turkish Locale Problem"
                 Key: AVRO-1493
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1493
             Project: Avro
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: java
    Affects Versions: 1.7.6
         Environment: Hadoop trunk build error on mac-os with turkish locale.
            Reporter: Serkan Taş
             Fix For: 1.7.7


Locale dependent String.toUpperCase(), String.toLowerCase() causes unexpected behavior if
the the locale is Turkish
Not sure about String.equalsIgnoreCase(..).

Here is the error :

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:testCompile
(default-testCompile) on project hadoop-common: Compilation failure
[ERROR] /Users/serkan/programlar/dev/hadooptest/hadoop-trunk/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/generated-test-sources/java/org/apache/hadoop/io/serializer/avro/AvroRecord.java:[10,244]
unmappable character for encoding UTF-8
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:testCompile
(default-testCompile) on project hadoop-common: Compilation failure
/Users/serkan/programlar/dev/hadooptest/hadoop-trunk/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/generated-test-sources/java/org/apache/hadoop/io/serializer/avro/AvroRecord.java:[10,244]
unmappable character for encoding UTF-8


I f i check the code i discovered the reason for error :

 public static final org.apache.avro.Schema SCHEMA$ = new org.apache.avro.Schema.Parser().parse("{\"type\":\"record\",\"name\":\"AvroRecord\",\"namespace\":\"org.apache.hadoop.io.serializer.avro\",\"fields\":[{\"name\":\"intField\",\"type\":\"Ýnt\"}]}");

For the code generated from schema, locale dependent capitalization of letter "i" turns in
to "Ý" should be the same for "I" to "ı".

Same bug exist in OPENEJB-1071, OAK-260, IBATIS-218.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.2#6252)

Mime
View raw message