avro-dev mailing list archives

From Micah Huff <mh...@inome.com>
Subject Re: Need to reference IDL defined in a JAR/seperate project
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 17:26:43 GMT
Renjith--

There is a way to do this. If you include the schema directory you have defined as a resource
in your JAR, project2 can then depend on an artifact (project1). Once you've included that
dependency, we're using the maven-dependency-plugin's goal of "unpack-dependencies" to extract
those IDL files into a known directory. Once they've been extracted, you can depend on them
at compile time and then delete that directory post generate-sources stage in your build.

Micah

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 05:09:18PM +0000, renjith varma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an Avro IDL A defined in Maven project 1 which is compiled using to a java file.
I need to define another Avro IDL B in project2, which need to have a array<A> as a
field. I have searched the mailing list and found that https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/avro-user/201212.mbox/%3C19AD42E3F64F0F468A305399D0DF39D9335DE519F9@winops07.win.compete.com%3E
is asking the same question. Is there any alternative other than copying the IDL B to project2,
generating source and deleting the sources related to IDL A?