avro-dev mailing list archives

From "Orayani, Marylou" <moray...@hp.com>
Subject RE: SHA support
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 23:03:37 GMT
That's what I figured after looking at the code. We'll take a stab at it and see how far we
get.

Thanks,
Marylou

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:cutting@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 3:47 PM
To: dev@avro.apache.org
Subject: Re: SHA support

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Orayani, Marylou <morayani@hp.com> wrote:
> As I'm new to avro, how do I go about changing the handshake hash to SHA?

This is not a user-configurable option.  One would need to find the places in the RPC code
where MD5 is used and replace it with SHA, or, better yet, with code that uses a configuration
to determine which hashing algorithm to use.  If you need this feature then you should probably
file an issue in Jira.  If you're not a developer yourself, hopefully you can find someone
to implement it.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AVRO/How+To+Contribute

Cheers,

Doug