avro-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lamley <mark.lam...@gmail.com>
Subject C# + NuGet
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2013 00:27:32 GMT
Are there plans to publish a compiled C# package to NuGet?

It's easy enough to do. On Windows it's roughly these two commands:

NuGet.exe pack Avro.csproj -Prop Configuration=Release
NuGet.exe push Avro.1.7.5.nupkg

I'm not sure how it works with Mono, but NuGet has some support for it.
There are known issues on Linux and OSX
http://docs.nuget.org/docs/start-here/nuget-faq

If we want to use NuGet for our dependencies it might require upgrading to
a newer version of JSON.Net. The latest NuGet published version of JSON.Net
is 5.0.6, but currently we use 3.5.0. 3.5.0 is no longer listed on NuGet.
I've compiled Avro with JSON.Net 4.5.11 with only a small code change.

I can create a JIRA for this.

Mark