avro-dev mailing list archives

From Anshuman Saini <Anshuman_Sa...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Reading/Writing Avro files using R
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 09:48:41 GMT
Hi,

Can anyone please help me with some examples as to how can I use make.socket(), read.socket(),
write.socket(), close.socket().

With the examples in the documentation, I am getting errors in making sockets.
Error: Error in make.socket(host, port) : socket not established
Can anyone please help!

@larsen: thanks :)

Thanks
Anshuman

-----Original Message-----
From: Uri Laserson [mailto:laserson@cloudera.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2013 11:08 AM
To: dev
Subject: Re: Reading/Writing Avro files using R

Hi Anshuman,

I don't know of any packages that let you read/write Avro from R as of yet.
 I know that RHadoop is under active development at Revolution, and I believe they are trying
to work on an R API for Avro.  Best to contact Antonio Piccolboni about it to see what the
roadmap is like.

Uri

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 4:04 AM, Anshuman Saini
<Anshuman_Saini@infosys.com>wrote:

> Hello Developers,
>
> I wish to write and run a package/code in R, which will help me
> read/write Avro files, using R interface.
>
> Please help, as to how can I start doing the same.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Anshuman Saini
> Systems Engineer || CLOUD BigDataEdge<
> http://infosys/bigdataedge/Pages/index.aspx>
> Infosys Mysore DC
>

> **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer ***************** This e-mail
> contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for
> the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
> please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message.
> Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or
> its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful.
> This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable
> precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you
> may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry
> out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment.
> Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
> messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from
> this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.

Uri Laserson, PhD
Data Scientist, Cloudera
Twitter/GitHub: @laserson
+1 617 910 0447