avro-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DEVs: any movement on JSON encoding for RPC?
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 22:11:49 GMT
Avro RPC data is in clear-text, it's not encrypted.  It's not in
plain-text that's as easily consumed as JSON though.

It would not be hard to add support for Json-format Avro RPC but no
one has yet contributed such an implementation.

Doug

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Brian Lee <leeb_08@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I found a message from last year that JSON encoding for RPC was not yet implemented.
Is this still
> the case? If so, this would be very bad as one of the selling points we
> were using is that Avro serialized its messages in JSON format. Our project really needs
this as data that's going over the wire has to be in clear text.