avro-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Miki Tebeka (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (AVRO-981) Python Avro library does not build/install on OS X
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 23:06:07 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-981?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Miki Tebeka updated AVRO-981:
-----------------------------

    Attachment: AVRO-981.patch

Making snappy optional
                
> Python Avro library does not build/install on OS X
> --------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AVRO-981
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-981
>             Project: Avro
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: python
>    Affects Versions: 1.5.4, 1.6.1
>         Environment: Mac OS X 10.6.8, Python 2.5, 2.6, 2.7
>            Reporter: Russell Jurney
>            Assignee: Juan Manuel Caicedo
>            Priority: Blocker
>              Labels: avro, fun, happy, pants, python
>             Fix For: 1.7.3
>
>         Attachments: AVRO-981.patch, AVRO-981.patch, AVRO-981.patch
>
>
> russell-jurneys-macbook-pro:py rjurney$ sudo python2.5 setup.py install
> Password:
> running install
> running bdist_egg
> running egg_info
> writing requirements to avro.egg-info/requires.txt
> writing avro.egg-info/PKG-INFO
> writing top-level names to avro.egg-info/top_level.txt
> writing dependency_links to avro.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
> reading manifest file 'avro.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
> writing manifest file 'avro.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
> installing library code to build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg
> running install_lib
> running build_py
> creating build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386
> creating build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg
> creating build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro
> copying build/lib/avro/__init__.py -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro
> copying build/lib/avro/datafile.py -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro
> copying build/lib/avro/io.py -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro
> copying build/lib/avro/ipc.py -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro
> copying build/lib/avro/protocol.py -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro
> copying build/lib/avro/schema.py -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro
> copying build/lib/avro/tool.py -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro
> copying build/lib/avro/txipc.py -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro
> copying build/lib/pyAntTasks-1.3-LICENSE.txt -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg
> copying build/lib/pyAntTasks-1.3.jar -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg
> creating build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/simplejson
> copying build/lib/simplejson/__init__.py -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/simplejson
> copying build/lib/simplejson/_speedups.c -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/simplejson
> copying build/lib/simplejson/decoder.py -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/simplejson
> copying build/lib/simplejson/encoder.py -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/simplejson
> copying build/lib/simplejson/LICENSE.txt -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/simplejson
> copying build/lib/simplejson/scanner.py -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/simplejson
> copying build/lib/simplejson/tool.py -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/simplejson
> byte-compiling build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro/__init__.py to __init__.pyc
> byte-compiling build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro/datafile.py to datafile.pyc
> byte-compiling build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro/io.py to io.pyc
> byte-compiling build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro/ipc.py to ipc.pyc
> byte-compiling build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro/protocol.py to protocol.pyc
> byte-compiling build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro/schema.py to schema.pyc
> byte-compiling build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro/tool.py to tool.pyc
> byte-compiling build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/avro/txipc.py to txipc.pyc
> byte-compiling build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/simplejson/__init__.py to __init__.pyc
> byte-compiling build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/simplejson/decoder.py to decoder.pyc
> byte-compiling build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/simplejson/encoder.py to encoder.pyc
> byte-compiling build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/simplejson/scanner.py to scanner.pyc
> byte-compiling build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/simplejson/tool.py to tool.pyc
> creating build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/EGG-INFO
> installing scripts to build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/EGG-INFO/scripts
> running install_scripts
> running build_scripts
> creating build/scripts-2.5
> copying and adjusting ./scripts/avro -> build/scripts-2.5
> changing mode of build/scripts-2.5/avro from 644 to 755
> creating build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/EGG-INFO/scripts
> copying build/scripts-2.5/avro -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/EGG-INFO/scripts
> changing mode of build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/avro to 755
> copying avro.egg-info/PKG-INFO -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/EGG-INFO
> copying avro.egg-info/SOURCES.txt -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/EGG-INFO
> copying avro.egg-info/dependency_links.txt -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/EGG-INFO
> copying avro.egg-info/requires.txt -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/EGG-INFO
> copying avro.egg-info/top_level.txt -> build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg/EGG-INFO
> zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
> creating 'dist/avro-_AVRO_VERSION_-py2.5.egg' and adding 'build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg'
to it
> removing 'build/bdist.macosx-10.6-i386/egg' (and everything under it)
> Processing avro-_AVRO_VERSION_-py2.5.egg
> Copying avro-_AVRO_VERSION_-py2.5.egg to /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages
> Adding avro -AVRO-VERSION- to easy-install.pth file
> Installing avro script to /usr/local/bin
> Installed /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/avro-_AVRO_VERSION_-py2.5.egg
> Processing dependencies for avro==-AVRO-VERSION-
> Searching for python-snappy
> Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/python-snappy/
> Reading http://github.com/andrix/python-snappy
> Best match: python-snappy 0.3.2
> Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/python-snappy/python-snappy-0.3.2.tar.gz#md5=94ec3eb54a780fac3b15a6c141af973f
> Processing python-snappy-0.3.2.tar.gz
> Running python-snappy-0.3.2/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-c1VYAq/python-snappy-0.3.2/egg-dist-tmp-_CpoEp
> cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for C/ObjC but not
for C++
> snappymodule.cc:31:22: error: snappy-c.h: No such file or directory
> snappymodule.cc: In function 'PyObject* snappy__compress(PyObject*, PyObject*)':
> snappymodule.cc:62: error: 'snappy_status' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:62: error: expected `;' before 'status'
> snappymodule.cc:75: error: 'snappy_max_compressed_length' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:79: error: 'status' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:79: error: 'snappy_compress' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:81: error: 'SNAPPY_OK' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc: In function 'PyObject* snappy__uncompress(PyObject*, PyObject*)':
> snappymodule.cc:107: error: 'snappy_status' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:107: error: expected `;' before 'status'
> snappymodule.cc:120: error: 'status' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:120: error: 'snappy_uncompressed_length' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:121: error: 'SNAPPY_OK' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:128: error: 'snappy_uncompress' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:129: error: 'SNAPPY_OK' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc: In function 'PyObject* snappy__is_valid_compressed_buffer(PyObject*,
PyObject*)':
> snappymodule.cc:151: error: 'snappy_status' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:151: error: expected `;' before 'status'
> snappymodule.cc:156: error: 'status' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:156: error: 'snappy_validate_compressed_buffer' was not declared in this
scope
> snappymodule.cc:157: error: 'SNAPPY_OK' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc: At global scope:
> snappymodule.cc:41: warning: '_state' defined but not used
> cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for C/ObjC but not
for C++
> snappymodule.cc:31:22: error: snappy-c.h: No such file or directory
> snappymodule.cc: In function 'PyObject* snappy__compress(PyObject*, PyObject*)':
> snappymodule.cc:62: error: 'snappy_status' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:62: error: expected `;' before 'status'
> snappymodule.cc:75: error: 'snappy_max_compressed_length' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:79: error: 'status' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:79: error: 'snappy_compress' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:81: error: 'SNAPPY_OK' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc: In function 'PyObject* snappy__uncompress(PyObject*, PyObject*)':
> snappymodule.cc:107: error: 'snappy_status' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:107: error: expected `;' before 'status'
> snappymodule.cc:120: error: 'status' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:120: error: 'snappy_uncompressed_length' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:121: error: 'SNAPPY_OK' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:128: error: 'snappy_uncompress' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:129: error: 'SNAPPY_OK' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc: In function 'PyObject* snappy__is_valid_compressed_buffer(PyObject*,
PyObject*)':
> snappymodule.cc:151: error: 'snappy_status' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:151: error: expected `;' before 'status'
> snappymodule.cc:156: error: 'status' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc:156: error: 'snappy_validate_compressed_buffer' was not declared in this
scope
> snappymodule.cc:157: error: 'SNAPPY_OK' was not declared in this scope
> snappymodule.cc: At global scope:
> snappymodule.cc:41: warning: '_state' defined but not used
> lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//ccbd0SLZ.out (No such file or directory)
> error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc-4.2' failed with exit status 1

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message