avro-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <scottca...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branch missing for 1.6
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 16:25:48 GMT
We branch lazily.

If this is work locally and you do not need to commit, then the 1.6.3 tag
is the correct location.

Once a committer needs a branch in order to commit a change that that does
not overlap with trunk, we create the branch.  In this case, if you need
to commit a patch that follows 1.6.3 and trunk is not the appropriate
place, we can create a 1.6.x branch off of tag 1.6.3 to collect changes in
preparation for a possible 1.6.4 release.  Another option is that trunk
becomes 1.6.4, but only if it does not contain incompatible API changes
from 1.6.3 (which I believe it now does).

-Scott