avro-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>
Subject Re: Avro RPC interop
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:42:12 GMT
Another interesting development to consider is that SPDY is starting to
gain wide adoption.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/SPDY

Free load balancers (nginx, apache, HAProxy) either have it or are
planning support for it.  As a replacement for HTTP it supports
out-of-order requests and server initiated requests.  Since load balancers
and proxies will support SPDY over time, and will not likely support a
proprietary avro protocol, Avro over HTTP/SPDY will have its uses.

However, the above developments do not reduce the need for Avro to have
standardized secure socket based asynchronous RPC spec.