avro-dev mailing list archives

From Marcio O Silva <marcio.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anyone working on AVRO-283 or AVRO-300?
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 02:49:07 GMT
Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking of doing.  The class that was
generated would have properties for the fields specified in the schema,
complete with docstrings (if the field had a doc tag) and type validation.

As for the incompatibility, I was thinking of extending DatumReader with a
SpecificDatumReader class that implemented this feature.  If it's not a big
deal to change things, I could just do the work in the existing DatumReader.