avro-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.6.2 (rc 1)
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:42:19 GMT
On 02/10/2012 11:50 PM, James Baldassari wrote:
>  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1027>AVRO-1027 just came in a
> few hours ago with a patch.  I reviewed and tested it, and it looks good.
> Any chance we could roll a new 1.6.2 rc with this patch?

If we get two more +1 votes from the PMC today then we can release 1.6.2
today.  I'd rather not restart that vote now.  If we restart votes every
time a bug is identified then it's hard to get releases out.

We can always roll a 1.6.3 candidate later this week and start that vote
once AVRO-1027 is committed.  There are a few other issues which are
nearly ready to commit that might make it too.

So, in summary, I'm happy to roll another relase candidate and call
another vote this week.  If the 1.6.2 vote never passes then we'll call
this week's release 1.6.2, otherwise it'd be called 1.6.3.  It's better
to have more releases than fewer.

Doug