avro-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Lars Francke (Commented) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (AVRO-1011) Improve POM structure
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 07:34:59 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1011?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13202138#comment-13202138
] 

Lars Francke commented on AVRO-1011:
------------------------------------

Thanks for reviewing.

* I always manage my dependencies as close as possible to where they are actually used that's
why I left those that are not shared in leaf projects but that's a matter of taste and I'm
good with your approach too
* The imports I changed were _all_ unused in that test and I removed them because they were
the only mention of jopt in the mapreduce project. With this code change we can get rid of
the jopt-simple dependency in that project

There's one thing I didn't change in this patch because I didn't have the time to think it
through fully. The dependencies (SLF4J + JUnit) declared in lang/java/pom.xml have a comment
saying that children can just exclude them. That's not true as far as I know. I don't think
there's an easy way to exclude dependencies inherited from a parent. Optional dependencies
are a clutch and I think those should be moved to the subprojects where they are actually
used (perhaps with the exception of junit because it shouldn't do any harm).
                
> Improve POM structure
> ---------------------
>
>                 Key: AVRO-1011
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1011
>             Project: Avro
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: java
>    Affects Versions: 1.6.1
>            Reporter: Lars Francke
>            Assignee: Lars Francke
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: AVRO-1011.1.patch, AVRO-1011.2.patch
>
>
> I've gone through all the POM files and reworked them a bit:
> * Remove all tabs with spaces, remove whitespace from line ends
> * Reformat XML
> * All POM files are using a consistent order of elements
> * Remove extra autogenerated pom.xml in lang/java/archetypes/avro-service-archetype/src/main/resources/archetype-resources/
> * Include missing Jackson (and others) dependencies in the modules
> * Changed property names from foo-version to foo.version to be more consistent
> * Removed jopt-simple dependency from mapred package by removing unused imports from
a test
> * Removed duplicate maven-enforcer-plugin definition
> * Remove unused repositories (apache.snapshots not needed and coming from parent, jboss
stuff is in maven central)

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message