avro-dev mailing list archives

From Hitwise <reply+i-2301981-1a86384502a767e6819d56aa832b533acfdbaf04-47...@reply.github.com>
Subject [avro] Codec deflate (#5)
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 06:52:08 GMT
Hi there,

We've added (deflate) codec support to avro-c!

Please let me know what should be changed/fixed/etc

- Lucas Martin-King (Experian Hitwise)

You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/hitwise/avro codec-deflate

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/apache/avro/pull/5

-- Commit Summary --

* Added zlib as dependency in avro-c.pc.in
* Initial codec support
* Added codec.{c,h} to CMakeLists.txt
* Make sure codec is created before file writer is initialized fully
* Added libz to CMakeLists
* Added public method for creating a file writer with codec
* Use zlib directly so we have raw deflate blocks instead of zlib blocks
* Added codec support to file_read_header
* Make sure we free codec memory on file close
* Free up zlib private data; fix memory leak
* Refactor null codec implementation into functions
* Fixed invalid return value
* Initial inflate codec support
* Reading data files with codec support
* Changed examples/quickstop to use defate codec

-- File Changes --

M lang/c/examples/CMakeLists.txt (2)
M lang/c/examples/quickstop.c (2)
M lang/c/src/CMakeLists.txt (6)