avro-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Massie <m...@cloudera.com>
Subject We need a new VP for the Avro project
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 17:43:39 GMT
It's hard to believe that a year has passed since Avro became a top-level
project.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2010/board_minutes_2010_04_21.txt

I've served as the VP of the project for a year now and it's time to allow
someone else to serve.  While we didn't explicitly place a time restriction
on the VP position in our TLP Special Order, the overall consensus (at least
at the time) was that the VP role should have a one year term.

If you take a look at the Apache Bylaws (
http://www.apache.org/foundation/bylaws.html), you can learn a bit more
about the VP position.  Since the VP is responsible for sending quarterly
reports to the board, it's important that (s)he be very involved in the
project in order to present an accurate and complete picture to the board.

So, who's interested in serving as VP now?

--
Matt