avro-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>
Subject Re: 1.5 release
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:38:05 GMT
Java summary of current non-blockers:

  AVRO-738 will close as a result of AVRO-753.
  AVRO-730 will likely make it in.
  AVRO-726 I'll try and get to this, but only after the top 3 blockers are
done.

  AVRO-761 Its close, but does not break APIs so is safe for a 1.5.1 if we
run out of time.  We should mark this for 1.5.1 if we can't get to it.  I
marked it with 1.5.0 for now (non-blocker) so its on our radar.

spec related items, these will most likely end up assigned to 1.6.0.

Note, a 1.5.1 release can happen fairly quickly afterwards.  1.5.0 is the
hard one because a couple languages have some significant API changes.