avro-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Stephen Gargan (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (AVRO-722) IPC Request Metadata written for transmission before processing by plugins
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 22:38:45 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-722?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

Stephen Gargan updated AVRO-722:

    Attachment: rpc-plugin.patch

I didn't realize that the trace tests had been excluded. I enabled them and worked out what
was making them fail. The changes I'd made were effecting order that calls were being made
to the plugin. I've added a test to insure that he order is maintained.

As a note, the TestFileSpanStorage is fairly time and load dependent and could be the source
of the intermittent failures you're seeing. Its sleeps for arbitrary amounts waiting for the
spans to be written asynchronously to disk. The current wait times are pretty tight and fail
periodically on me, (though admittedly my machine is not very powerful).

What kind of error messages did it give when it failed before?

> IPC Request Metadata written for transmission before processing by plugins
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: AVRO-722
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-722
>             Project: Avro
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: java
>    Affects Versions: 1.5.0
>            Reporter: Stephen Gargan
>            Assignee: Stephen Gargan
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 1.5.0
>         Attachments: rpc-plugin.patch, rpc-plugin.patch
> There is a small issue with the processing  order of request metadata in an IPC call.
The map is written for transmission before the context is passed to plugins for processing
and as a result any changes that client plugins make to the metadata will not get transferred
as the empty map has already been written.
> Also when the response metadata is read back in it is mistakenly read into the context's
request metadata instead of the response metadata. The attached patch has fixes for both of
these issues.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message