avro-dev mailing list archives

From "Ye, Xiaolu - GMRT-EST" <xiaolu...@baml.com>
Subject RE: A possible bug in Schema.java
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:48:08 GMT
Hi Doug,

Thanks for your quick response. I've attached all three files. Hope you
can see it. I'll also create a jira issue with them attached.
MyTestOutput.txt is output of Schema.toString(). It looks like
Schema.toString() outputs an invalid schema.

Thanks,

Xiaolu

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:cutting@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:39 PM
To: dev@avro.apache.org
Subject: Re: A possible bug in Schema.java

On 11/24/2010 12:56 PM, Ye, Xiaolu - GMRT-EST wrote:
> I'm using Avro for my project, and found a possible bug in
Schema.java. I
> have attached the protocol file (test1.avpr) and Junit java file
> (MyTest.java) that could reproduce the problem.

I only received one of your attachments, MyTestOutput.txt.  That schema
looks like it is malformed and would generate the parse error you
describe.  Perhaps there's a bug in the printing code that generated
this.  Can you please file a Jira issue and attach your test code?

Thanks,

Doug

This message w/attachments (message) is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or proprietary. If you are not
an intended recipient, please notify the sender, and then please delete and destroy all copies
and attachments, and be advised that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of any
action in reliance on, the information contained in or attached to this message is prohibited.

Unless specifically indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any
investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any
transaction, or an official statement of Sender. Subject to applicable law, Sender may intercept,
monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC) traveling through its networks/systems and
may produce any such EC to regulators, law enforcement, in litigation and as required by law.

The laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may
be archived, supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are
located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of errors or viruses.

References to "Sender" are references to any subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation. Securities
and Insurance Products: * Are Not FDIC Insured * Are Not Bank Guaranteed * May Lose Value
* Are Not a Bank Deposit * Are Not a Condition to Any Banking Service or Activity * Are Not
Insured by Any Federal Government Agency. Attachments that are part of this EC may have additional
important disclosures and disclaimers, which you should read. This message is subject to terms
available at the following link:
http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Sender you consent to the
foregoing.