avro-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.4.0 (rc1)
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:48:24 GMT
Is it expected that one can unpack the src tarball and run build.sh?  the 'dist' target does
an svn export, so it breaks in an unversioned directory.  I suppose this is ok if the rest
succeeds.

On Java, tests are not passing for me (from the tarball or trunk) :

Perhaps some quirk of the file system on the Mac.

c, c++, python all build and test fine here.

I don't have the proper requirements installed for php and have not completed a build.  We
need some documentation on build requirements.

I'm unfamiliar with Ruby, and it is complaining about yajl meanwhile 'gem install' doesn't
know what yajl is and I'm stopping at that point for now.  Again, we might want to document
the build requirements  (so far for me: echoe and yajl).

Since I'm rather Ruby and PHP ignorant, I'll look past those.  I would like all the java tests
to pass though.  Unfortunately, the one that is failing above works fine from eclipse or if
I run it in isolation, and only fails when in batch with the others.  I won't have time to
look into it in more detail today.

-Scott