avro-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avro PHP library
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:33:01 GMT
On 08/25/2010 09:12 AM, Michael Glaesemann wrote:
> In the "Contributing your work" section, there's mention of "granting
> license to ASF for inclusion in ASF works". Is there any formal
> process for doing so? Is there a contributor agreement of some kind?

There's a checkbox in Jira.  Moreover, the license itself says that if
you intentionally submit code to an Apache-licensed codebase then you
implicitly license it under the Apache license, so that checkbox is
mostly about permitting folks to post things that are not meant to be
contributions.  And, finally, yes, there's a formal process.  Individual
contributors and contributing institutions are encouraged to file a
Contributor License Agreement (CLA) for substantial contributions.
Committers are required to have filed a CLA.

http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

> Also regarding licensing, am I correct to assume I should add the
> license header to all of the contributed files in the patch?

Yes.  This is detailed at:

http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

Thanks!

Doug