avro-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.4.0 release soon?
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 23:44:45 GMT
On 07/19/2010 03:44 PM, Bruce Mitchener wrote:
> Avro C is in bad shape / a bad state. It was in the middle of some
> breaking API changes (and more are needed).

That's a shame.  Generally we should try to keep trunk in a 
ready-to-release state.  Long-term changes that can't be done in a patch 
should generally be done in a branch, not trunk.

> It is probably better to look at reverting some of the changes and
> just shipping what was in 1.3.x (even though the API there is not
> complete and one can't actually use it for much).
>
> I'm on the road for the next couple of days (in Macau), so I won't be
> able to do much in the short term.

Will you have a chance to work on this after that?  I doubt I'd roll a 
1.4.0 candidate for at least a week or so, and am willing to wait a bit 
if improvements are imminent.

Doug

Mime
View raw message