avro-dev mailing list archives

From harry wang <cool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avro RPC implementation using Netty
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 04:16:14 GMT
I agree. This is also my thought. Meanwhile, I have already added some async
feature in Transceiver class, you can see it from
http://github.com/coolwhy/avro-rpc-on-netty/blob/master/src/java/org/apache/avro/ipc/NettyTransceiver.java
 .
Of course the transport protocol had to be changed to support the async
call. I used a serial number to track each call of client side. But I don't
know why the method Requestor.request is synchronized, which would harm the
concurrency of client calls.

- harry