avro-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Custenborder <jcustenbor...@gmail.com>
Subject C# and the keyword namespace
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 17:38:56 GMT
All,

Some of you might already know that I have been working on the .net port of
Avro.  I'm looking at the protocol example namespace.avpr and for c# there
is a slight problem. The avro namespace for this protocol contains the
keyword "namespace" which is a reserved keyword in C#. This prevents me from
generating C# bindings for this protocol. Is there something in the current
specification for reserved keywords? Is there a plan to?  I could see this
being an issue with other languages in the future.

Error 1 Identifier expected; 'namespace' is a keyword

{"namespace": "org.apache.avro.test.namespace",    <-Keyword of death :)
 "protocol": "TestNamespace",