avro-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avro RPC implementation using Netty
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:42:22 GMT
On 06/25/2010 09:39 PM, harry wang wrote:
> I prefer the behavior of the solution is the same as Avro Server/Transceiver pair because
they are used
> now in the release package.

I like this about your patch: it lets folks try out a Netty-based
transport easily, by simply changing their Transceiver and Server
implementations and nothing else.  The design goal of the existing API
is to make transports pluggable in this way.  It may not be a perfect
API for this, but you've shown it's workable.  Separately we might work
to improve it, e.g., by adding support for async calls, etc.

Doug