avro-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: C# and the keyword namespace
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 17:50:05 GMT
Jeremy,

Rather than trying to have Avro contain a universal set of reserved
words, each implementation should somehow cope with its own reserved
words.  The java version of Avro mangles Java's reserved words with a
final dollar-sign.  See for example
TestSpecificCompiler#testManglingForProtocols, where Philip creates a
protocol that includes every Java reserved word and then checks that the
Java compiler can handle the generated code.  Is something like this
possible for this case in C#?

Doug