avro-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cut 1.3.3?
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 17:59:59 GMT
On 06/01/2010 10:05 AM, Jeff Hammerbacher wrote:
> I've merged in the Python patches for 1.3.3. I'm going to cut a 1.3.3
> release candidate on this Friday morning, June 4. Please merge any bug fixes
> in by then.

I suspect most of the following should be merged to 1.3:

C:

AVRO-502 Memory leak from parsing JSON schema.

C++

AVRO-518 make check in c++ is broken because of typo
AVRO-515 Fix build and compatibility problems

Java:

AVRO-524 DataFileWriter.appendTo leads to intermittent IOException
AVRO-517 Resolving Decoder fails in some cases
AVRO-499 reflection does not handle interfaces with overloaded methods

Ruby:

AVRO-554 data files created by ruby DataWriter are extremely large
AVRO-500 ruby side dev packaging
AVRO-489 ruby implementation should skip complex objects
AVRO-461 ruby side cannot skip primitives
AVRO-555 missing license header
AVRO-450 Python - Ruby interoperability failing
AVRO-516 ruby: buffer length should not be little-endian in socket rpc

I'm happy to merge these Java issues to the 1.3 branch.  Do we have
volunteers for the others?

Remember, in addition to merging the code changes, the CHANGES.txt in
both the branch and trunk need to be updated, and the "fix version" for
each issue needs to be updated in Jira.

Doug