avro-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Thiruvalluvan M. G. (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (AVRO-521) Out of memory and other issues with Junit tests for mapreduce
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:25:51 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-521?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Thiruvalluvan M. G. updated AVRO-521:
-------------------------------------

    Attachment: AVRO-521.patch

Increasing the max memory to 128 MB (from the default 64 MB) fixes the out of memory problem.

But there is one more issue. TestWordCountGeneric leaves behind the (empty) output directory
and the following test TestWordCountSpecific fails to run complaining that the output directory
already exists.

I fixed that problem by removing the output directory after completing each of these tests.
Since I was at it, I moved the JUnit tests toJUnit4 style from JUnit3 style. All other tests
are in JUnit4. Also added a couple of @Override annotations.

There are quite a few warnings because we use mapreduce's JobConf. What is the new way to
submit jobs? The documentation says we should use Configuration. I'm not sure how to do that.
Can anybody help us with correct usage? Thanks.

> Out of memory and other issues with Junit tests for mapreduce
> -------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AVRO-521
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-521
>             Project: Avro
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: java
>    Affects Versions: 1.4.0
>            Reporter: Thiruvalluvan M. G.
>            Assignee: Thiruvalluvan M. G.
>         Attachments: AVRO-521.patch
>
>
> The forthcoming patch fixed the out of memory problem we encounter while running JUnit
tests for mapreduce.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message