avro-dev mailing list archives

From xunlong gui <ustbco...@gmail.com>
Subject Add tools that communicate with json/xml/csv data for avro
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 01:41:12 GMT
Hi guys,

I am so interested in the GSOC 2010 project with  subject "add tools that
read/write json records from/to avro data
files<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-456>",but
i think, if the tool can handler json records and also xml records and CSV
records, it will be more beautiful and powful. So, i want to develop a tool
that can communicate with all json data,xml data and csv,and i am
sure that i can finish it during the GSOC time.

But,in the project's description,Doug
Cutting<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=cutting>said
that "It might be useful to have command-line
tools that can read & write arbitrary json data from & to Avro data
files",why we develop a commadn-line tool only? why do not we develop a GUI
tool which is more friendly and more convenient? Thank you