avro-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.3.0 (rc 1)
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:33:53 GMT
Ryan King wrote:
> Would it be too late to get rubygems building in for 1.3?

We just need a patch that causes the top-level './build.sh dist' to
create this in the top-level dist/ directory.

I don't think the lack of this should block 1.3.0, but this might be a
great thing to include in a 1.3.1 release.  We could even, by hand,
after the fact, post a ruby gem for the 1.3.0 ruby sources with the
1.3.0 release, but I'd rather just roll this kind of thing out in a
1.3.1 release, along with other compatible fixes.

Doug