avro-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Oliver <KOli...@salesforce.com>
Subject RE: Avro 1.3 RC soon?
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 22:29:19 GMT
I'd like to see the patch for AVRO-350, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-350 , applied
as it is a compatibility break from Avro-1.2. The patch has been reviewed, and I think it
just needs to be applied.

Otherwise, +1 to a release.

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:cutting@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 2:20 PM
To: avro-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Avro 1.3 RC soon?

I'd like to roll an Avro 1.3 release candidate soon.

The biggest thing we're missing is interop testing for various
implementations.  Ruby and Python both have data file implementations,
so this should not be hard to add to these.  This requires two scripts,
one to write a data file to build/test/interop/data/$lang.avro that uses
the schema in share/test/schemas/interop.avsc.  The second then just
needs to read all of the data files in build/test/interop/data/.  These
scripts should both be invoked by the top-level build.sh.

RPC interop tests would be nice to have too, but I'm not sure we should
hold the release for that.

Do folks agree that these are the right priorities for the 1.3 release?
  If so, do we have volunteers who can get data file interop tests
implemented soon?  Ideally we might roll a release candidate late this week.

Thanks,

Doug