avro-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Hammerbacher <ham...@cloudera.com>
Subject Shared schemas for testing?
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:14:47 GMT
Hey,

We've got a test/schemata/ directory, but the only schema is the
interop.avsc (everything else is a protocol).  Meanwhile, we spend a lot of
lines of code building big strings in our testing code to probe various
aspects of schema parsing (e.g.
src/test/java/org/apache/avro/TestSchema.java, src/test/py/testio.py). Would
it make sense to extract these schemas into files under test/schemata/ and
pull them in for the tests in each language? By doing so, we could also
insure that the various language bindings are being tested in a consistent
fashion.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jeff