avro-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shared schemas for testing?
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:29:12 GMT
Sounds good to me, having more interoperability testing is a must IMO.

To that end I've been fooling with an avro schema fuzzer which you can
glance at here: http://bit.ly/cDHST

It's no where near ready yet, in particular I'm currently fuzzing at the
protocol level and I should probably be doing things at the schema level
(is there a way to serialize RPC messages directly to disk, ala thrift,
would that be difficult?) The current implementation works by generating
a schema, then parsing that schema in both python (directly) and java
(via call to specificcompiler and then javac).

Patrick