avro-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Massie <m...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Request for feedback regarding distribution of Avro C code
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:54:22 GMT
To clarify this first paragraph:
* Hadoop has code dependencies between Java and native code for some
features (e.g. compression)
* Avro Java and C code only share a spec and have no code dependencies.
* The "I don't agree with the approach" might sound like criticism of the
Hadoop build but it's not meant to be.  I'm saying that I shouldn't have
modeled the Avro build on the Hadoop build which *does* have code
inter-dependencies for certain features.

-Matt