avro-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Zeyliger <phi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Request for feedback regarding distribution of Avro C code
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:21:00 GMT
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Doug Cutting <cutting@apache.org> wrote:
> What matters is:
>  - 'ant test' tests all ports
>  - 'ant tar' builds a release containing all ports
>  - the doc tree includes documentation for all ports

I'll also point out (the anteater in me comes out?) that this could be
rephrased as:
  "something test" tests all ports
  "something tar" creates a release containing all ports.  In some
cases, that might mean "build", in some cases, that might not.
  the doc tree includes documentation for all ports.

ant is ok for Java, and make/autoconf is good for C, and I bet
something else is good for OCaml.  ant is currently as good as
anything to stitch these all together, but <when/> <you're/>
tedious,
so I don't think it's a hard-and-fast goal that ant is the thing that
brings the different ports together.

-- Philip