avro-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Avro quick start guide/template now available.
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 06:36:55 GMT
I've put together an Avro quick start, it's currently hosted on github:

http://github.com/phunt/avro-rpc-quickstart

this is basically a template/blueprint project that shows how to build &
run an Avro RPC based project using either Ant/Ivy or Maven. As part of
the work to support Maven I've also created a reusable Avro Maven plugin:

http://github.com/phunt/avro-maven-plugin

I'm not a maven expert (actually learning more about maven is one reason
why I started this project), if there are any suggestions with either
the maven aspects, or the project overall, please feel free to let me
know. The code is Apache licensed, if there's sufficient interest I'd be
happy to fold it into the official Avro source base at apache.org at
some point.

Patrick