avro-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Massie <m...@cloudera.com>
Subject Policy question for the team re: C updates
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 23:52:02 GMT
I've been quiet since I became an Avro committer and I'd like to change that
now.  Even though I've been distracted by non-Avro work, I've been able to
find some time to create a generic-style Avro schema parser on top of the
JSON parser.  In addition, my next three-week sprint has been cleared for me
to focus almost exclusively on Avro.

What is the process that you'd like me to follow when commiting over the
next three weeks?  To this point, it's been review then commit.  Is it
possible to relax that policy to commit-then-review temporarily to help
speed along C development?

For my part, I will:
* make sure that any checkin I make doesn't not break the build
* send an email to this list explaining the changes that I've made to the C
implementation
* make sure that new code has matching unit tests

Once I have the C code is more complete (and hopefully this will happen
quickly), I'll flip back to a more incremental review then commit mode.

Ultimately, this policy decision for the team to decide and I'll abide by
whatever is decided.

Looking forward to your feedback on this.

-Matt