avro-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.0.0 (candidate 0)
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 21:16:32 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:
> Patrick Hunt wrote:
>> * rat tool reports a number of issues with licensing (see attached) of
>> source code files
>
> Wow, that was a big attachment!

Weird, looks like RAT includes all that by default. I just attached the
output of the command. bummer.

> C and C++ sources need license headers added generally.

*.py as well? Any other source type you support?

for example:
  !????? ./src/c++/scripts/gen.py

Are you including licenses/notices for any/all that need it in lib/*.jar
and lib/py/*?

Otw licensing cleanup sounds good to me.

I did notice that you include Makefile in src/c, I'm no expert but
typically don't you just include configure script and let the end user
run it to generate the Makefile? Not a showstopper regardless.

Patrick