avro-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: who's doing what for 0.21?
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 23:09:54 GMT
George Porter wrote:
> If we would have to create an API for (optional) per-call metadata, then
> I think we should go ahead and make it part of the spec from the
> get-go.  We can then implement both the API and the spec change.

Can we do it by Wednesday?  I was hoping to freeze the 1.0 spec on
Wednesday.  We could easily add it to the spec and read/write empty
metadata maps in the impls.  Providing a nice API might be a little
harder.  I guess it could be easily hacked through threadlocals:
Requestor and Responder could just copy things from/to threadlocal maps,
accessed via static methods.  Would that suffice?

Doug