avro-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: C-bindings
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 16:56:25 GMT
Matt Massie wrote:
> I'm almost finished with the avro primitive type (de)serialization code
> including unit tests.

Awesome!

> (c) I could attach the code as a patch as expressed on the
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Avro/HowToContribute page.

That would be my first choice.  Are there any downsides to this?

You might also include the svn commands required to add stuff if it's
much more compliated than 'svn add src/c'.

The top-level README.txt should be updated with build requirements
(e.g., gcc, gmake, autoconf, automake).  Also, please wire it into 'ant
compile', 'ant test' and 'ant package'.  Adding some documentation would
be good too, perhaps just a src/c/README.txt, or, better yet, a page in
src/doc/content/xdocs.

Doug