From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Kick-starting the Charter process
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 20:40:12 GMT
> We need a starting point, and this is the only example of a PMC
> charter I could find.  That's all it is for.

Is community@ the correct place to raise this issue generally?  Seems that
if there is going to be a push to promote more projects, that there ought to
be an approved template.

> I want it to be VERY difficult to remove someone.  As a result, I
> personally would stick with UNANIMOUS vote to remove someone.

> we must legally protect ourselves by stating the rules in which
> someone can be removed.

See the ASF Bylaws, section 6.5.

> > There are much stronger guidelines that this comming out of the
> > incubator project - the above is insufficient.

> Where are they?  Provide some details.

http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/voting.html at the moment.

FWIW, I think that the Charter ought to incorporate by reference rather than
by value.

	--- Noel