From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Creation of an "avalon" CVS repository for new Avalon5 codebase (Re: How to move forward?)
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 09:59:13 GMT

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I propose we have a new "avalon" CVS repository where to develop the new
> Avalon5 system. Things will be discussed and committed only when decided
> upon, and still eventually changed when again decided upon.
>
> This will make us do a clear cut with previous development methods, and
> clearly indicate that it's a new effort and that the old will be
> nevertheless maintained.
>
> +1 for a new "avalon" CVS repository

+0 - I'm not against it, but I'm not sure if it is worth creating
a new repository, why not making a directory inside the existing
repository with the same structure?
Creating a new repository has the effect that people will think
that it is something new (and incompatible) whether it is or not.
So, I'm +1 for a separate directory within our repository.

> Alternatively it can be called avalon5, avalonV, aValon, avalon-5,
> avalon-ng... the important thing is that it's there.

That's true.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG