From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: avalon-sandbox/avalon5 - New directory
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 21:24:52 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>>
>>leosimons@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>>leosimons    2002/12/04 05:30:25
>>>
>>>  avalon-sandbox/avalon5 - New directory
>>
>>Please wait for the vote to end and the results be set in the
>>status file.
>

> However, it does seem we are headed for the avalon-sandbox
> route.  It makes sense, and it would be better for us to
> get started than for us to debate the thing till the cows come
> home.
>
> However, I do want to make my feelings clear on this point:
>
> I do not want to see several avalon5 proposal directories.  We
> as a community need to work together on one Avalon 5.  We can't
> do that if everyone is off in their own corner.

+1

the rules for revolutionaries should be applied for that: a revolution.

Avalon 5 already is one. We don't need more revolutions than one since
one is already disruptive enough.

I think we are not that braindamaged that we can't see a point without
requiring to run the code. Expecially for non-visual things like avalon.

We are doing framework design, dudes, if email is not good, send some
code here or write some documents and place them on the web. We don't
need several implementations or branches.

I also propose that every committer that will propose an internal fork
will have to go thru the community vote to be allowed to do that.