From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] RE: gump entry for containerkit
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 16:30:49 GMT

I think it makes much more sense to have the gump descriptor locally in
avalon-sandbox.  All of the stuff I've been working on in excalibur was
actively maintained until it wass pulled of the excalibur site.  Putting
it on avalon-sandbox makes it so much easier to maintain.

Cheers, Steve.

Leo Simons wrote:

>I'll throw the same link at you I got from Steve:
>
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=103789608600004&r=1&w=2
>
>essentially the descriptors were moved to avalon from alexandria and we
>did a lousy job maintaining them, so they were moved back. If you want
>access to the descriptors all you have to do is ask :D
>
>the only thing in sandbox referenced by gump atm is containerkit. The
>rest can change as often as it wants without gump noticing.
>
>cheers,
>
>- Leo
>
>On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 16:54, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

>>Include GUMP descriptor in Avalon-Sandbox.  It is reasonable
>>to assume that the sandbox area will change more often than
>>the Alexandria folks can keep up with.  The released stuff
>>should remain fairly static in its dependencies so if the
>>Alexandria folks want to keep up control of it let them.
>>

>--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy