From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Charter.txt
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:07:52 GMT

Leo Sutic wrote:
> The PMC must have at least one officer from the Apache
> Board, who will be the Chairperson and report to the
> Apache Board.  See http://www.apache.org/foundation/bylaws.html
> for reference.
>

> Doesn't this exclude Nicola from being chair?

No. Apart from the fact that I'm an Apache member, all PMC chairs are
officers of the Apache Software Foundation, by definition.

> Or does it
> mean that he will be appointed an officer upon becoming
> chair?

Chairs are Apache officers.

> How does this impact the "rotating chair" proposal?

I don't think it really does, and surely it can be discussed and
resolved by the board somehow.

<leaving-discussion-to-others/>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -