From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Sandbox code is clearly marked
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 12:56:24 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think we need to mark sandbox code clearly as being sandbox code.

This I agree.
It's in a CVS repository avalon-sandbox, it should have a big WARNING
file in the root and in every codebase, there should never be releases
of that code and it should be downloadable only from CVS.

> To do this
> we could require that components in this place are put in the package.
>
> org.apache.avalon.sandbox.X
>
> This will make it very clear to users what the status of code is and thus they
> wont be misled into thinking that it is anything it is not.
>
> Thoughts/Votes?

This is not done even on Jakarta Commons code, and will effectively make
it more difficult to make the eventual transition.
I do not think that users that download stuff from a sandbox CVS are so
stupid not to know that it's sandbox code.

-1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -