From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Charter.txt
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 11:15:39 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

>On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:59, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

>>Stephen has already made clear his dislike of the word "unanimous",
>>but before we blindly remove that word, we need to come to community
>>consensus.
>>

>I am +1 on unanimous because it forces consensus for forward motion. It may
>mean things take longer to get decided but usually the decisions are better
>for it.

And thereby grant the right to a single individual to block progress.
That takes away the ability of the PMC to function. If when you take
away it ability to function you have taken away its ability to represent
the comunity and its ability to meet its obligations to the board.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL