From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Creation of an "avalon" CVS repository for new Avalon5 codebase (Re: How to move forward?)
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 09:49:34 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> I assume there will be multiple proposals going on
> in which case we can get things like;
>   proposals/red
>   proposals/blue
>   proposals/green
> when one of them looks like it is a winner and has enough
> momentum split off a new CVS then.
>

> I've read Rules for Revolutionaries, too.  But isn't the entire point of
> this exercise to move forward with ONE voice?  I don't believe that
> institutionalizing factions is the best way to address that issue.

Agreed.

> The more I read the discussions here, the more it seems to me that the only
> thing that is going to get this community moving forward in unison is to
> have a single community container (scalable and profiled) under an Avalon
> CVS module, and preserve avalon-phoenix, avalon-excalibur/merlin, et al, for
> Avalon 4 container development while Avalon 5 is developed.

I propose we have a new "avalon" CVS repository where to develop the new
Avalon5 system. Things will be discussed and committed only when decided
upon, and still eventually changed when again decided upon.

This will make us do a clear cut with previous development methods, and
clearly indicate that it's a new effort and that the old will be
nevertheless maintained.

+1 for a new "avalon" CVS repository

Alternatively it can be called avalon5, avalonV, aValon, avalon-5,
avalon-ng... the important thing is that it's there.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -