From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Charter.txt
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 06:01:09 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> I added the text to the draft charter to Avalon CVS in the following
> location:  ${jakarta-avalon}/src/proposal/CHARTER.txt
>
> We can take this charter and pick it apart piece by piece.  I suggest
> that we start section by section coming up with the best wording.  What
> is currently there should be considered only a starting point based on
> the charter from an existing Apache TLP.
>
> We can incorporate comments from other folks doing the same in other
> newly formed TLPs.
>
> Stephen has already made clear his dislike of the word "unanimous",
> but before we blindly remove that word, we need to come to community
> consensus.

Your going to consider me really picky - but what the hell - it is
important.

What we *need* is agreement by the PMC members on a charter and as
things stand today - and that is basically a majority opinion of the
elected PMC members until such time that we declare charter modification
as something special under a set of PMC by-laws.  And, yes - it would
*nice* to have PMC member concensus, even community concensus - but
these attributes are not obligations on the PMC members and do not
impact the decision procedure.

Cheers, Steve.

> For additional commands, e-mail:

Stephen J. McConnell