From Leif Mortenson <l...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New Development Direction
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:04:25 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

>Avalon 5
>--------

+1
I think this would go along well with the new ubercontainer.  Lets make
sure to
provide a good upgrade path.  I'll admit, I am still using the ECM with
components
implemented as services on most of my projects...  Using the ECMC it is
quite
easy to use and is stable.

At some point though I also need to move over, but I have also needed to get
the work paying the bills done and needed something stable to work with.

Where possible, lets try to maintain class and package names so that as much
user code as possible can be used in Avalon 5 without changes.

While doing something new is more fun than maintaining old code, lets make
sure and all remember the large number of users depending on the APIs that
we produce. :-)

Cheers,
Leif