From Mauro Talevi <mauro.tal...@aquilonia.org>
Subject Re: Cornerstone addition and patch
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 09:07:06 GMT

Paul Hammant wrote:

> Applied, thanks.  Not sure about the 'throws (derivative of)
> RuntimeException' in one of the block method signatures. Will think
> about it some more.

I've modified the event Register to throw s a checked exception
Also the root event type is now configurable.

> Is there any chance there could be an example of use that we could add
> to the jakarta-avalon-apps/demo package?  Maybe this is not a new
> demo, but a value added modifaction to an old one.. maybe not.

I've written an eventdemo for apps/demo. Still very basic - simply make
two blocks communicate via an event.
Things to come in it:
- have it notify of the scheduled event
- have it working in between distributed jvms

Patches for both are attached.
Regards, Mauro