From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Context: usage recommendations? ( Re: [SUMMARY] Context )
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 15:00:05 GMT
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 01:30, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Link?

It was part of the initial documentation dump that went with JSR111 that you
are part of. HP has since mothballed development of it but you can see the
remanents of it at;

http://www.hpmiddleware.com/SaISAPI.dll/SaServletEngine.class/products/core_services_framework/default.jsp

> And I fail to see why we can't have stuff like that handled
> for us automatically....

It can when it manages the creation and passing of references. What happens
when a component wants to pass a reference to itself but wants the reference
to be the proxy (and thus isolated/protected).

Under CSF you did something like

Object me = getServiceContext().getProxy()

//pass me to foreign component here

Or if you wanted to create a new object and pass that object - but make sure
it was correctly proxied and isolated you would do something like

MagicEventListener listener = new MyMagicEventListenerImpl()
MagicEventListener safeListener = (MagicEventListener)
  getServiceContext().getProxy( MagicEventListener.class, listener );

//pass safeListener to the foreign event service here

To do anything like this requires interaction with the container and sharing
of the isolation stuff that opnly the container maintains.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald